Mission & Philosophy
Small Wonder provides a nurturing, supportive, and structured environment and curriculum that encourages the growth and development of each child’s unique qualities.
The Philosophy of Small Wonder is based on a set of strongly held beliefs:
- To provide developmentally appropriate programs that encourage each child’s sense of discovery and exploration.
- To provide an atmosphere that is safe, clean, and healthy.
- To provide a physical environment that is warm and responsive, and which gives each child a sense of security and belonging.
- Each child is a unique individual. To be sensitive to their social, emotional, intellectual, and physical needs.
- To help each child develop into a healthy, self-confident individual with respect for, and the ability to relate well with, other people.
Early learning experiences are crucial to the growth and development of young children. Learning begins at birth, and we provide opportunities for children to mature and be ready for school entry when it is developmentally appropriate. We have developed a curriculum that is flexible enough to allow for each child’s individual needs and strengths.
Staff use positive methods of guidance with children. We establish consistent, age-appropriate limits to help children function in their world. A child’s day at Small Wonder is designed to develop a sense of independence and responsibility.
The strength of our programs lies in the dedication of our caregiving staff. We support our staff with training, resources, and freedom to create a unique loving and learning experience for children. Our caregivers create a caring and nurturing atmosphere, and foster each child’s creativity and positive self-image.
Parents are the most significant adults in a child’s life. We strive to create mutual respect between our staff and parents; a partnership for the benefit of the child. Our doors are open to parents at all times.
Small Wonder Child Care, Inc. is open to all children who may benefit from our program, regardless of race, religion, nationality, or creed.
Small Wonder is a child care center which values people: the children in our care, their parents, and our employees.